frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Monday, June 30, 2008

brief update 6/30/08

I only have ten minutes but I thoought I would just drop a quick note to inform my readers of what I have been up to the last couple of days.

I have been very busy. My sister-in-law came for a short visit. It was very fun to hang out with her. Mostly she hung out with my husband because this was one long yoga training weekend.

Friday, I went and observed a class at 3:30, took class at 4:30 and attended a Thai massage workshope from 6:00 to 9:00. Then I met my husband and his sister for dinner. I was beat.

Saturday we went to breakfast and then I was off to yoga again. I went to the park for the Chanda Plan Benefit. This was another cool karma yoga event. Vital Yoga offered a donation-based class and picnic to benefit the plan. The plan helps disabled people afford and access alternative therapies like yoga. I signed up to help in the future since I would like to help other MSers and people who can't normally access yoga.

Sunday was also a long day. In the morning we met at 9:00 am for a Kundalini Meditation (crazy stuff). Then we spent a few hours discussing yoga ethics and how the training is effecting our thinking and our lives. Some of us went out to lunch too. then we were back to class again. We learned our first physical assists and I really enjoyed it. I liked it so much that when I got home I practiced on my husband and he liked the adjustments too. I also gave him and his sister the Thai massages I learned. They said I did a good job. That was super cool. To celebrate, we went out for Thai food. Then we watched a movie and went to bed. Whew,I'm tired just writing about it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm definately going to have to see what I can find out about yoga in my area. :)