frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Friday, June 13, 2008

This Caravan Knows No Despair

Yesterday I taught my Yoga 4 Kids class and we sang and contemplated the following Sufi chant. The words come from one of Rumi's poems and they remind me in dark times that I am not alone and I too am worthy of redemption. I hope you enjoy.

Caravan Song

Come, come whoever you are, this caravan knows no despair.
Come, come whoever you are, this caravan knows no despair.
Even though you have broken your vows
Perhaps 10,000 times
Come, come again.

The song then repeats as long as you need to sing to feel better.

Love,
Nadja

3 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Nadja! My spiritual community sings a song adapted from this poem titled "Come, Come Whoever You Are." Words are Come, come, whoever you are; wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. Ours is no caravan of despair. Come, yet again, come.

Thanks for reminding me about this beautiful poem/song!

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about yoga, so alot of your postings go right over my head. LOL But I enjoy stopping by just the same. Hope you are feeling good despite all your recent running around.

Take care,
Anne

Diane J Standiford said...

I'm gonna sing it on the metro bus. maybe get a party goin'!