frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Monday, February 9, 2009

Too busy to wallow

An hour ago I was fast asleep again after a long day at work. When I woke up I felt rather crappy (numbness in the hands and feet, aching joints, a slight feeling of nausea). I had to drag myself out of bed. As I did so, I promised myself some self-indulgent post about the daily drag of my disease but then I checked my email. I found that I was being offered three more chances to teach yoga in the next week and a half. I did seriously think about declining (I have not been feeling great) but I reflected that in keeping with my decision to "Live!" I would go ahead and teach the classes.

Sometimes I still get pissed off about the daily symptom parade. On the other hand, I have been learning how to cope. The best thing for me is rest but I am also learning that even on most really rough days, I can push through and take care of business. Yeah, feeling good while I did things would be nice but doing things is still proving valuable, even when things are hard.

Today I am thankful that I can still do most of the things I want to do. No time to wallow...

9 comments:

Heather said...

Remember to take care of you. Don't over do yourself.

Webster said...

That's right - don't over do it. Remember that in yoga you respect where you are. It doesn't mean you can't teach, but perhaps you can do it in such a way as it doesn't tire you out too much. All my best to you.

Char / Stitchary! said...

I like the fact that you keep on keeping on, yet recognize your need for rest. Balance in all things is good.

Joan said...

Good for you. I hope there will never come a day that you don't enjoy teaching yoga. Namaste!

Blinders Off said...

I am proud of you :)

Arrange your classes so they work for you.

Denver Refashionista said...

Thanks for dropping by everyone. I will continue to balance the rest with the activity. Today I taught so tomorrow I'll nap :)

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration Nadja!

www.ConquerMS.com said...

I'm proud of you, and thank for your comments on my blog. I would love to have an article about your experience with actupunture. ( duh, spelled wrong.)
Robert over at conquerms.com

Weeble Girl said...

It's all one day at a time. You sound so much more positive than even a few months back. Hooray.

Hugs,
Weebs