frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Monday, April 20, 2009

Amongst the Layers

I have been here before but I'm not who I was then.
Lost myself,
In a flurry of false conceptions.
Got so lost I no longer knew myself.

Sunk back into memory,
Found some renewal of innocence.
Glanced at the facade I wrapped around myself--
And did not remember who or what I was.

I am peeling back the layers.
Some are thick and hardened
The skin beneath is pink and raw
There are no calluses on the skin beneath.

I am peeling back the layers.
I think there is something worth knowing inside
I think there is something unusual within
Something beautiful.

I am longing to taste the core
To find what magic may lie there
I am longing to shed
All things best forgotten

I have been here before but I am not what I was then.
Started to find myself
In the simplicity of my nature
Embraced my innocence and found joy!