frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Out of the Twilight

A cacaphony of sensory stimuli
I'm trying to discover
What is real
What is just imagined.
Steroid-induced madness?
Flights of inflammation?

Navigating this labryinth of sensation
Seeking a compass within
Hoping to discover
The difference between
The real
And the unreal.

There's this sense of urgency
But for what?
To what purpose?
Is there a deadline?
Can I discover anything definitive?
Which way from limbo to light?

Guided by instinct,
I claw my way through twilight
But I am not afraid,
I am not alone,
Somehow I am guided
And in the confusion, I still trust.

To seek is not to know
To seek is to be aware
To seek is to unearth ideas
Sometimes in dark, unlikely places.
I seek on a night without stars
But I am no longer afraid.

2 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

I am mesmerized by the last lines of this poem...quite touching and beautiful.

I hope you are beginning to feel better each day!!!

Denver Refashionista said...

I am feeling better each day. Thanks.