frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The day dawned here in Northern California with a heavy fog but now it has burned off and the sun is shining brightly. I too awoke feeling foggy. My head ached and my limbs were heavy. A few ibuprofin, some caffeine and a delicious breakfast cheered me.

Like the clouds, my spirit has now lifted and I am enjoying time with my husband's family. Soon their other guests will arrive. The kitchen where I am sitting is festive with thanksgiving preparations and I am looking forward with anticipation to our shared meal.

This respite from work and home responsibilities has offered a much-needed chance to rejuvenate and reflect. I am reminded again that this is a good life, even when there are bumps in the road. I hope today that all my readers are fortunate enough to be spending some quiet time with people they cherish. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Char / Stitchary! said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like we both have had a nice day.

Webster said...

Considering I was operating on no sleep, my day turned out better than I expected. Your morning sounded quite nice.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Namaste, dear one...namaste.

Linda D. in Seattle