frontpage stats
Samsung DVD Burner

Monday, November 10, 2008

Journal 11/10/08

"We can transform with grace, or we can go through life kicking and screaming. We can flow through our experiences like we flow through our yoga poses. We can hold our breath, or we can deepen it and move past every obstacle. We have a choice to either go through life kicking, screaming and miserable or to fill each experience with breath, grounded only in the moment. We can use breath to anchor ourselves in the present. We can use it to guide ourselves through life's challenges. Trust that you can breath through anything."

I often use words like these to guide my yoga students. When I hear similar words from other yoga teachers, I am reminded just how important this is. I can find serenity by being absolutely present, breathing and trusting or I can cause my own suffering through a series of mental contortions. I think I want to take my own words of wisdom and live by them.

Something in me is shifting. It is subtle but I feel different. I still worry but less now... Obstacles still trouble me, but maybe not as much. I'm starting to see my most recent dramas as a hiccup in a long life. I can't claim that I have found all the answers I seek or the self I want to unearth but something is different. I think what I feel is perspective and hope.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! One little victory can propel us to more.

S.

Jen said...

Keep going, Nadja. You're doing great. I think to myself why I like to read the blogs that I do and I realize with yours, it's because you have a great, strong soul. There is something of that soul of yours that shines through in your posts. Very beautiful and honest.

Bubbie said...

Having all the answers isn't everything, it's knowing the right questions. You are remembering who you are.Awesome.

Denver Refashionista said...

Thanks ladies. You inspire me to keep searching for the best way to live this life.